Friday, February 1

Rock The Hallways: Meet Leah

Meet 16 year old Leah from the UK who loves photography and all things vintagy 





Where are you from? I live in the UK near London, a town called Bath
What does style mean to you?
To me style is a way of expressing yourself, but not with words. It reflects who you are or in some cases who you want to be. I love the freedom we as a society have to (mostly) wear what we like and not be judged. 
Current trends you've notice at school.
Well my school has really a strict uniform code (like today I was told off about wearing a round necked jumper instead of v necked - so ridiculous!) so we don't have much of a chance to expose our individual style. But creepers and navy military-esque coats are definitely big at my school.
 Dream Career?
I still have like no ideaa..umm maybe creative director at a brand would be cool, like The Kooples or Urban Outfitters or editor at a fashion magazine - I love Company! Or a graphic designer/ illustrator...anything to do with fashion and art basically.
Style Icons?
Alexa Chung, Lana Del Rey (her music videos are amazing and so inspiring, she's just awesome in general #lanafan),  I love Audrey Hepburn, Cara Delevigne and rita ora because of her gangsterness. If you could splurge on anything, what would it be?
A leather jacket.
Song currently loving.
Mathilda by Alt-J
One goal for 2013.
Eat less chocolate...
 Flats or Heels?
Flats all the way. Heels are for silly people that like putting themselves in pain (massive hypocrite)
Bold lipstick or Bold nailpolish? 
Bold nailpolish! Lipstick alone scares me a bit.
 Favorite movie? 
Breakfast at Tiffanys 
Whats your go to outfit?
At the moment all I seem to wear are baseball sweaters and skater skirts with vans. I've also just bought a black bowler hat and that's not leaving my head any time soon! 
Any tips on confidence for other girls when it comes to having a style different from their peers/ incrowd( popular kids)
First of all, there are no such thing as 'popular kids'. I like to think everyone is equal, just some people are more up themselves than others and that's what makes the 'incrowd'. Anyway, gona give you the obvious advice 'be yourself'. Literally, wear what you want even if you've never seen anyone else wear it, it will make you stand out and some people might even copy you! If that does happen, take it as a compliment and don't be one of those girls that are always like 'omg I wore that first'. 
Places to find the very fabulous vintagy Leah
Instagram - leahannah_r

No comments:

Post a Comment